Zwei offene Mitarbeiterstellen
Postdoctoral and part-time PhD position
Applications are invited for a full-time postdoctoral position and a part-time (65% ) PhD position at the Institute of Phonetics and Speech Processing, LMU Munich, within the collaborative German-UK project "Speakers, listeners, languages: Patterns of variability and contrast in spoken language dynamics".
Starting date is 15 July 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. Contract duration depends on the starting date with the maximum being 36 months.
The project investigates the interaction of individual variability and language-specific patterns of coarticulation with phonological contrast. A particular focus is on how coarticulatory patterns align within individuals and languages for production and perception on the one hand, and across different phonological contrasts on the other (nasality, lip rounding). The project is funded within the AHRCDFG collaborative research scheme and will be conducted in close teamwork with the UK project partners in London (UK team: Dr. Christopher Carignan, Dr. Bronwen Evans UCL London; German team: Prof. Marianne Pouplier, LMU Munich, Dr. Eva Reinisch ARI Vienna, Austria).
The salary is according to the German pay scale for state employees (Tarifvertrag der Länder TV-L
West), group E13. The specific level within E13 depends on prior experience.
- speech production and perception experiments involving the recording and analysis of a
- variety of different data types (acoustics, nasalance, video, eye-tracking)
- preparing journal publications
- international conference presentations
- coordination of the German-UK collaboration
- completed PhD (postdoc) / MA (PhD positon) in Phonetics, Linguistics, or a related field.
- Degree must be completed at the starting date.
- keen interest in experimental phonetics and the phonetics-phonology interface
- for the postdoctoral position: track record of published research commensurate with experience
- programming skills
- appropriate level of statistical knowledge
- high proficiency in English
A working knowledge of German and/or French is a plus.
Women are encouraged to apply. Part-time employment for the postdoc position is possible. Disabled
applicants will be preferred if essentially equally qualified.
Please email your complete application, a representative publication, and coontact information of two
referees as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the PhD position, a transcript and the MA thesis should be included. If your MA thesis is not yet
completed, please include a writing sample of 2 term papers and a 1-page outline of your MA thesis.
Application deadline for both positions: 12 March 2021